Support MSOE Academic Departments
MSOE’s academic departments cover a wide variety of disciplines in engineering, business and health care. On MSOE’s Giving Day, you can make a gift to support the academic department of your choice to assist in acquiring new technology, research opportunities, updated lab equipment and more for our students and faculty.
We Need Your Help!
This year, President and Moira Walz and Eric and Annmarie Baumgartner have provided matching gifts towards academics to support our faculty and students. As a result, gifts made to academic departments during giving day will be matched up to a total of $8,000. That means you can double your impact by making a gift to an academic department. To make your gift even more special, consider dedicating it to your favorite professor from campus.
What Makes MSOE Academics Special
MSOE Academics is the core of MSOE's teaching mission. Some of the things that make our programs special are:
- Learning by Doing: We have always believed students learn best (and have more fun) by getting their hands dirty and putting theory into practice. MSOE students spend hundreds of hours in our industry-standard labs. That practical, hands-on experience gives them a definite edge in the workplace.
- Deep Connections Between Professors and Students
- Immediate Immersion In Your Major: Students do not have to wait to explore their passion. They dive into their major-specific classes freshman year, giving them a head start on internships and their career.
- Close Industry Integration: MSOE is a trusted partner for leading companies, including Harley-Davidson, Kohler, Snap-on and more. We work together on the latest industry research and innovations, and 260+ top companies from around the country come to recruit our students for internships and jobs at MSOE’s annual Career Fair.
- Real-World Learning: At MSOE, we challenge our students on day one with a high touch academic experience that delivers high value. With challenge, comes growth. Students work through real-world problems side-by-side with faculty who are proven leaders in their fields. Graduates are ready to solve complex problems on their first day of work because they have been solving them since their first day at MSOE.